Saturday, June 07, 2008

Chernihiv pays tribute to James Mace

I can keep publishing the many articles that James Mace had written in his living days, and I can keep re-reading them, each time a different perspective comes to light. How much we miss you dear James. It is if you are still with us, guiding us all through these trying times. Ukraine still has so much to do to recognize and bring the world to recognize the tragedy of the Holodomor.
I post this article in your memory. My mom was born in Chernihiv and survived the Holodomor, a child, four years old who was one of the lucky ones to come out of this alive. I remember her talking about this horrific happening and for me it was not conceivable that such a thing could really happen. And here you come into the region of my mother's birth and people honor your memory and we honor the memory of the 10 million who died.

No comments: